Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dragons=Amazing

This past week, I experienced several things that reminded me why Southlake Carroll is such a special place and how truly blessed we are to be involved with such a great program. Last Monday, our oldest boy, Tyler,  played in his first 7th grade football game.  In three weeks, Tyler has fallen in love with playing Dragon Football for his school and is really excited about having to wake up at 5:45am to get to practice by 6:30am!  I cannot think of too many other things in this world that would motivate a 12 year old to get up that early.  Furthermore, having a vertically aligned system, Tyler and I have taken our discussions about footballl to a whole new level.  We run the same plays and use the same terminology on the varsity level as we do with the 7th graders.  The coaches and teachers have made the school a place that is exciting for tweens.  Thank you, coaches and teachers!  Tyler's love for football, school, and being a Dragon has given my wife a different perspective and now we know what it means to be Dragon parents.  The culture is simply amazing to my wife and I!

Another thing this week happened very quietly and it exemplifies how special our student-athletes are and how special Dragon Land is occurred at Friday's football game at Cowboys Stadium.  I wasn't even made aware of the situation until today (Sunday).   In Friday night's varsity football game vs. Temple, our football team wrote two letters on their shoe tape and their wristbands.  I was asked several times Friday what the letters meant and I did not have an answer. This morning, the father of some of our CISD students emailed Coach Wasson and I to thank our players for taking it upon themselves to honor his wife who passed away on Thursday.   I knew on Friday that one of our moms had passed away on Thursday but I never made the connection with the football players' putting her initials on their shoes and wristbands.   The father went on to write in the email that during a time of tragedy in his family, he and his children will never forget the unbelievable tribute to their mom/wife.   Again, I am blown away at the culture of our district and program that where teenagers would take it upon themselves to honor the mom of one of their classmates. 

In today's society where the fear that the youth of our nation are not being groomed to be good leaders, I feel great about having two sons in Carroll ISD and its culture of excellence.   They are getting a great education in and out of the classroom.

To all current Dragons and all former Dragons,  THANK YOU for providing a great example for our two boys, my wife, and I  and for creating a culture of excellence.  We are looking forward to many years of being amazed. 



See you at the game,
Coach Ozee

Please log-in and stay in touch with what is going on in our program. In addition to this blog, you can follow us on SLC Athletics on Facebook


OBIYTC







No comments:

Post a Comment